Literature Searching and Appraisal
- Keary, Byrne & Lawton (2012) How to conduct a literature review. The Irish Psychologist 38(9-10), 239-245.
- Centre for Evidence Based Medicine (U.K.): online training tools and learning materials. Click here
- Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (U.K.): online training tools and learning materials. Click here.
- Canadian Institute of Health Research: online module. Click here.
- Health Evidence TM at McMaster University also has searching and appraisal tools. Click here.
Developing and/or adapting clinical guidelines
- Irish Association for Emergency Medicine (2011) Development of clinical guidelines – a guide for clinicians
- AGREE ll training tools are here.
- The ADAPTE Guideline Adaptation: Resource Toolkit V2 (2010) is available here.
- GRADE online learning modules are available here.
- View the HSE (2013) Guide to Clinical Audit here
- Irish College of General Practitioners Audit Toolkit (2011) is here or watch Dr Claire Collins give an overview of audit at the ICGP meeting in 2011.
- HQIP Clinical Audit Teaching Toolkit (2014). Click here.
- Centre for Clinical Governance Research in Health (2009). Clinical_audit: a comprehensive review of the literature