Public Involvement Framework
Public Involvement in Clinical Effectiveness Processes strengthens public participation in healthcare decision-making and brings public knowledge and experience to these processes. Clinical Effectiveness Processes include the development of National Clinical Guidelines (developing good standards) and National Clinical Audits (developing strong review practices) to drive improvements in healthcare outcomes.
This Public Involvement Framework has been developed to assist guideline development and audit governance groups to strengthen public involvement in processes.
Individual tools to support the Public Involvement Framework –
- Tool 1 – Advert Template
- Tool 2 – Application Form
- Tool 3 – Mapping Expectations
- Tool 4 – Cost Calculator
- Tool 5 – Training Day Sample
- Tool 6 – Public Feedback Form
- Tool 7 – Public Survey Questionnaire
- Tool 8 – Identify Areas for Improvement
- Tool 9 – Assessment of Indicators
- Tool 10 – Record of Activity
Adopting or adapting the tools – please read our process on permissions
View a systematic review on involving patients and public in clinical effectiveness.