Towards an Age Friendly Society in Ireland: Conference Proceedings
This is a publication of The National Council on Ageing and Older People
On 17 May 2005, the National Council on Ageing and Older People (NCAOP) held a national
conference in Tullamore, Co. Offaly, on the theme, Towards an Age Friendly Society in Ireland.
The conference aimed to focus discussion on the kind of society we want to achieve for older
people in Ireland. Its objectives were to:
- explore the meaning of ageism in society
- identify the characteristics of an age friendly society
- explore how service provision might be more age friendly
- discuss how older people can better shape policies and practices relevant to their welfare
- review progress in implementing equality for older people.
This report chronicles the proceedings of that conference.
Read the report (PDF, 675kb)