Statement from the Department of Health and Children
Micheál Martin TD, Minister for Health and Children, following discussions with the parents of Roisin Ruddle R.I.P., has decided to convene a Review Panel to conduct an independent review of the events surrounding her death.
The members of the Panel are:-
- Mr David Hanly – Management Consultant
- Ms Kay O´Sullivan – Director of Nursing, Cork University Hospital
- Dr Shakeel A Qureshi – Paediatric Cardiologist Guys & Thomas´s Hospital, London
The Terms of Reference of the Panel are:-
- To consider the report of the ERHA in relation to the events of 30 June 2003 at Our Lady´s Hospital for Sick Children, Dublin and to make such further enquiries and conduct such interviews as the Panel considers necessary;
- To address the questions raised by the family
- To examine protocols and procedures relevant to this incident having regard to prevailing standards of best practice, and to examine their application in this case;
- To report to the Minister and to make such recommendations as it sees fit.
- Following the Review, both Reports will be made available