Minister Harney appoints new Board of the Crisis Pregnancy Agency
The Minister for Health and Children, Mary Harney TD, today (Tuesday, 7 November) announced the membership of the incoming Board of the Crisis Pregnancy Agency (CPA). The members of the Board will be
- Ms Katharine Bulbulia (Chair)
- Ms Helen Faughnan, Department of Social and Family Affairs
- Mr Peter Finnegan, Businessman
- Ms Sally-Ann Flanagan, Councillor and Mayor of Tuam
- Ms Anne Flood, Centre for Nurse/Midwifery Education, Letterkenny
- Mr Fergal Goodman, Department of Health and Children
- Ms Rosemary Grant, Social Worker, Coombe Women’s Hospital
- Ms Geraldine Luddy, Director, Women’s Health Council
The Board will also include a nominee of the Minister for Education and Science.
The Crisis Pregnancy Agency was established by Government in 2001 with responsibility for formulating and implementing a strategy to address the issue of crisis pregnancy in Ireland. The Minister paid tribute to the outgoing Board for its work. “Under Olive Braiden as Chair, in the five years since its establishment the CPA has worked very effectively, focusing on all aspects of crisis pregnancy and ensuring the development of high-quality services and supports,” she said. “I would like to thank the members of the outgoing Board for their contribution and I look forward to the Agency’s continued success under the new Board, which will be chaired by Katharine Bulbulia”, added the Minister.
Ms Bulbulia was Programme Manager to the Tánaiste from 1997 to 2006 and has also served as a member of Seanad Eireann, of Waterford County and City Councils and of the South-Eastern Health Board. She participated in a family placement scheme for women experiencing crisis pregnancies and was pro-active in the distribution of information in relation to contraception in the South-East.