State Board Vacancies – Appointments to Hospital Group Boards
Appointments to Hospital Group Boards
The Minister for Health, Dr. James Reilly TD, invites expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced persons for appointment as Chairperson or as a Member of the Administrative Boards of the following Hospital Groups
- Dublin North East;
- Dublin Midlands;
- Dublin East;
- South/South West.
The development of Hospital Groups is a commitment under the Programme for Government 2011 – 2016 and represents one of the most significant changes in Irish Healthcare in many years. This is an exciting time in the modernisation of the Irish Health care system. The establishment of these Groups will provide the governance and organisational structure for change, with more autonomy, better enabling the reorganisation of acute hospital services in a well-planned manner to deliver uniformly high standards of clinical care for patients.
Hospital Groups will be established on an administrative basis pending the introduction of primary legislation for the creation of hospital trusts at a later date. The Chairperson will guide the establishment of the competency based Administrative Board and oversee the appointment of the Group Chief Executive and the Group management team. The Chairperson and Administrative Board will:
- Place the highest value on the excellence of clinical care and service to patients;
- Ensure good governance of the Hospital Group in accordance with the governance framework set out in the Higgins Report on Hospital Groups and all relevant national policies and standards, including the National Standards for Safter Better Healthcare;
- Guide the Chief Executive and Group management team in:
- the formation of a coherent and effective Hospital Group
- the implementation of the Smaller Hospitals Framework
- developing a collaborative working relationship with colleagues in primary, community and social care to deliver a more integrated approach to meet the health needs of the population.
- Provide leadership in the formation of a new Group corporate identity and ensure good communication with all stakeholders;
- Foster strong and vibrant links with academic partners and encourage an open culture of learning and evidence-based enquiry;
- Create an environment which will facilitate the recruitment and retention of high quality clinical, consultant, allied health professional, managerial and administrative staff in all hospitals in the Group.
No hospital staff member will be appointed to Hospital Group Boards.
This is an exceptional opportunity to contribute your expertise to a significant part of the health reform agenda and make a positive difference to patients and their families.
Further details are at www.publicjobs.ie