Payments to Community Pharmacy Contractors
The Minister for Health and Children in exercise of her powers under the Financial Emergency Measures in the Public Interest Act 2009 is considering the making of regulations to reduce the rate of fees and payments made to community pharmacy contractors.
The Minister has determined that a consultation process shall commence on 8th December 2010 and shall be completed by 7th January 2011.
The Minister invites interested parties to provide written submissions to assist in her deliberations on these matters.
The following should be noted in relation to submissions
- Submissions should be sent by e mail to the Department of Health and Children at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Pharmacy Fees Consultation, Department of Health and Children, Hawkins House, Dublin 2 to arrive not later than 5.30pm on Wednesday 5th January 2011.
- Written submissions will be subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information Acts. If a person making a submission considers that any element in it is sensitive, that element should be clearly identified and the reasons for the sensitivity should be specified. The Department will, where possible, consult with the person about any information which he/she has identified as sensitive information before making a decision in response to a request for release under the Freedom of Information Acts.
- Submissions will be copied by the Department to officials of the HSE where appropriate.
- Submissions may be made available to the Department of Finance and other Departments who hold contracts with such professionals.
- Written submissions may also be copied to financial, economic or legal advisors of the Department or the HSE, as appropriate, to assist in the analysis of same.