Expressions of Interest are sought for Appointments as Member of the Board of the South/South West Hospital Group
The Minister for Health invites applicants for membership on the Board of the South/South West Hospital Group.
In order to ensure the correct skill mix and competencies on the Board, the Minister invites applications from suitably qualified candidates who consider they have a career history which demonstrates at least one of the following competencies:
- Corporate Governance, Risk Management, Legal Compliance and Due Diligence
- Clinical Governance, Quality Assurance and Patient Safety
- Strategic Planning and Change Management
- Financial Planning and Management
- Corporate or Public Sector Experience and Governance /Commercial Business Management Skills
- Workforce Planning and Strategic Human Resource Management
- Public Relations and/or Patient/Public Advocacy
- Education, Research and Innovation
- General Practitioner
- Nursing Expertise
- International Expertise
- Awareness of the Irish healthcare system which would demonstrate an understanding of the environment that the hospital group operates in, the relationship with key stakeholders,
- Awareness of public service management and the environment within which the Board will function.
- Previous Board experience
- Relevant qualifications/registration with professional bodies (or entitlement to be registered).
In order to qualify for appointment a person must not have any conflicts of interest likely to interfere with his/her ability to assume the role of Board member.
Appointment to be made by: Minister for Health
Location of Board Meetings: Cork
Relevant Website: http://health.gov.ie/
Date Board Vacancy Advertised: 14/07/2017
Closing Date for Submission of Expressions of Interest: 18/08/2017
Reference ID: 17138607
To Note: Campaigns for the appointment of a Chairperson of the UL Hospitals Board and for members to the Board of the Childrens’ Hospital Group will be advertised shortly.