Department of Health Statement of Strategy 2016-2019 Public Consultation
The call for reviews has now closed. Thank you for your submissions.
In accordance with the provisions of the Public Service Management Act, 1997, The Department of Health is currently preparing its new Statement of Strategy to cover the period 2016-2019. Our new strategy will focus primarily on the relevant commitments in the new Programme for a Partnership Government (particularly chapters 5, 6 and 7).
Our role is to provide strategic leadership for the health service and to ensure that Government policies are translated into actions and implemented effectively. We support the Minister and Ministers of State in their implementation of Government policy and in discharging their governmental, parliamentary and Departmental duties. This includes:
- advising on the strategic development of the health system including policy and legislation;
- evaluating the performance of the health and social services; and
- working with other sectors to enhance people’s health and well-being.
As part of the development of the new Statement of Strategy we are now inviting all interested parties to submit their views on the shape and content of this new Strategy.
You can email us your views by Monday 12th September 2016 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Statement of Strategy 2016 – 2019”.
- Our current Statement of Strategy 2015 – 2017 sets out the purpose of the health service in general and the Department of Health in particular
- Healthy Ireland – our national framework for action to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of Ireland
- Better Health, Improving Health Care, a strategic briefing document prepared by the Department for the incoming Minister for Health
- For more detailed information on what we do, please explore our website
Freedom of Information
- Please note that submissions may be the subject of requests for information under the Freedom of Information Acts, and as such may be published on our website following the publication of the Statement of Strategy.