Consultation on Strategy for the Provision of Rehabilitation Services
Call for Submissions
The Department of Health and Children and the Health Service Executive are developing a National Policy / Strategy for the Provision of Rehabilitation Services. A Working Group has been established which includes key stakeholders and experts to assist with this process.
The Terms of Reference of the Group are:
“To consider the rehabilitation needs at acute and community levels of people at all stages of the lifecycle with:
- Static and progressive neurological conditions;
- Traumatic and non-traumatic brain injury; and
- Other physically disabling conditions who may benefit from medical, psychological and/or social rehabilitation service provision.”
The objectives of this process are the development of:
- An appropriate policy framework;
- A strategy for service provision; and
- A preferred model of care.
A report will be prepared for submission to the Secretary General of the Department of Health and Children and the CEO of the Health Service Executive.
To assist and inform the Working Group to deliver on its task, we are inviting submissions from organisations and individuals in relation to the above Terms of Reference.
Written submissions should be forwarded
By e-mail to: email@example.com
By post to:
Strategy for Rehabilitation Services Consultation
Office for Disability and Mental Health
Department of Health and Children
Latest date for receipt of submissions is Monday 26 January 2009
Please note the following:
- It is the responsibility of interested parties to ensure that their submission is received within the Department of Health and Children by the above mentioned deadline.
- All submissions received will be subject to the Freedom of Information Acts 1997 and 2003.