Call for Expressions of Interest in Membership of the Board of the Medical Council
A vacancy has arisen on the Board of the Medical Council due to the resignation of a member. Membership of the Council is determined by Section 17 of the medical Practitioners Act, 2007. The current vacancy to be openly advertised on behalf of the Minister is under Section 17 (1) (n) of the Act.
The Medical Council is the regulatory body for doctors. It has a statutory role in protecting the public by promoting the highest professional standards among doctors practising in the Republic of Ireland. The objective of the Council is to ensure high standards of education, training and practice among doctors and it acts in the public interest at all times.
The Council has a majority of non-medical members. The 25 member Council consists of 13 non-medical members and 12 medical members. It has a staff of approximately 70.
- Read the Information booklet http://www.stateboards.ie/stateboards/campaignAdvert/21694.htm
- Appointment to be made by the Minister for Health
- Location of Board Meetings are Dublin
- Relevant Website https://www.medicalcouncil.ie
- Date Board Vacancy Advertised: 14 August, 2015
- Closing Date for submission of Expressions of Interest: 13 September, 2015
- Reference ID: 15111107