Appointments to the Board of the Food Safety Authority of Ireland
The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) was established under the Food Safety Authority of Ireland Act, 1998 (FSAI Act No 29 of 1998). The principal function of the FSAI is to take all reasonable steps to ensure that food produced, distributed or marketed in the State meets the highest standards of food safety and hygiene reasonably available and to ensure that food complies with legal requirements, or where appropriate with recognised codes of good practice. The Authority is a statutory, independent and science-based body, dedicated to protecting public health and consumer interests in the area of food safety and hygiene.
The Minister for Health invites expressions of interest in joining the Board of the FSAI from suitably qualified candidates with a background in Risk assessment / regulation with Corporate Governance or Law or from candidates with a background in the Food Sector.
- Read the Information Booklet here
- Appointment to be made by the Minister for Health
- Location of Board Meetings are Dublin
- Relevant Website https://www.fsai.ie/
- Date Board Vacancy Advertised: 17/11/2015
- Closing Date for submission of Expressions of Interest: 08/12/2015
- Reference ID: 15148708
- Click here for the Campaign Advert