Appointment to professional position on the Physiotherapists Registration Board
The Health and Social Care Professionals Council is an independent regulator established to protect the public by promoting high standards of professional conduct and professional education, training and competence amongst registrants of the 14 designated health and social care professions. Physiotherapists are one of the designated professions. The Council, its disciplinary committees and the registration boards (known under the umbrella name CORU) were established under the Health and Social Care Professionals Act 2005.
Expressions of interest are being invited from suitably qualified and experienced professional persons interested in being appointed to the Physiotherapists Registration Board to fill a vacancy which has arisen for a person engaged in the State in the education and training of persons with respect to the practice of the profession of physiotherapy.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge, skills and experience in the education of practitioners of the profession.
The object of the Physiotherapists Registration Board, overseen by the Health and Social Care Professionals Council, is to protect the public through statutory regulation of practitioners of the profession. Registration boards have powers to make Bye-laws. The main functions of the board are to:
- Establish and maintain a register of members of the profession of physiotherapist
- Approve qualifications require for registration
- Decide on applications for registration and issue certificates of registration
- Set the standards of performance and the code of conduct and ethics expected of registrants
- Give guidance to registrants concerning
- ethical conduct
- practice of the profession
- continuing professional development
- Monitor the continuing suitability of programmes for the education & training of applicants for registration
- Approve new courses
- Make recommendations with respect to sanctions in Fitness to Practise cases
- With the approval of the Council, conduct research into education & training relating to the practice of the profession
- Maintain statistical records which must be available for research & planning
- Recognise qualifications gained outside the State in the board’s function of competent authority under Directive 2005/36/EC on the recognition of Professional Qualifications.
The Physiotherapists Scientists Registration Board has collective responsibility to the public in the performance of its duties.
The Board consists of 13 members (6 professional and 7 non-professional) who elect a chairperson from amongst themselves.
Applications should be made to the
Appointment to be made by the Minister for Health.
Location of board meetings are in Dublin.
Read the Information booklet;
Date Board Vacancy Advertised: Friday 6th January 2017
Closing Date for submission of applications: 12th December 2016