Appointment of Professor Colm O’Herlihy to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
Following nomination by the Medical Council, the Minister for Health, Simon Harris T.D. has appointed Professor Colm O’Herlihy to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
Professor Colm O’Herlihy, MD, FRCPI, FRCOG, FRANZCOG
- Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, UCD School of Medicine and Medical Science at the National Maternity Hospital, Dublin.
- Consultant Obstetrician/Gynaecologist, National Maternity Hospital, Holles Street, Dublin 2.
- Consultant Gynaecologist, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Eccles Street, Dublin 7.
- University College Dublin (National University of Ireland)
- Graduated June 1973: MB, BCh, BAO, Honours and lst place
- MD Doctor of Medicine University of Melbourne 1981
- FRCPI Fellow of Royal College of Physicians of Ireland 1986
- FRCOG Fellow of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 1989
- FRANZCOG Fellow of Royal Australian College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 1981
PAST AND CURRENT APPOINTMENTS
- President, Irish Perinatal Society 1992-94
- President, Royal Academy of Medicine, Section of Obstetrics 1994-96
- External Examiner, University of Manchester, The Queen’s University, Belfast and Trinity College Dublin
- Council Member, Medical Defence Union 1993-2002
- Regional Adviser for Ireland, RCOG 1996-2001
- Council Member, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Member of the Medical Council of Ireland (Elected Member)
- Member of the Medical Council Complaints Committee (PPC) & Education & Training Committee (EDPDC)
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS
Obstetric pelvic floor injury, Management of Labour, obstetric and perinatal morbidity, immunology of infertility, hormonal replacement therapy.