The Chief Nursing Officer in the Department of Health has commenced a process to consult on the following policies:
- Development of a Community Nursing and Midwifery Response to an Integrated Model of Care
- Developing a Policy for Graduate, Specialist and Advanced Nursing & Midwifery Practice
Minister Harris launched these policy documents on 27th March at the Council Chamber Primary Care Centre, Ballymun.
The draft policies support other initiatives identified in the Programme for Government (2016) and addresses the commitment for Government to deliver a sustainable and high quality health service that contributes to the development of a culture of safe patient care. They form part of a suite of policy papers under development within the Chief Nurses Office of the Department of Health.
The policies are aimed at all nurses and midwives across the country in all locations and all are welcome to attend.
We welcome your participation and there are a number of ways in which you can contribute;
- Attend a regional consultation – List of consultation sessions
- Complete our survey on the policies:-
- Engage with the discussion on Twitter @chiefnurseire
All submissions received by the Department are subject to the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act, 2014 and may be released in response to an FOI request.