Our Cancer Policy Unit is responsible for policy development, oversight and monitoring of cancer services in Ireland. Our responsibilities include:
- Implementation of the National Cancer Strategy 2017-2026
- Oversight of the HSE’s National Cancer Control Programme to ensure the implementation of cancer policy, the effective delivery of cancer services and to monitor the HSE’s performance against agreed standards.
- Oversight of the HSE’s National Screening Service to ensure that the three cancer screening programmes – BreastCheck, BowelScreen and CervicalCheck– reach agreed targets and that policies and developments in relation to cancer screening are progressed.
- Governance and oversight of the National Cancer Registry Ireland, with the aim of ensuring that cancer data is collected and reported on in a timely manner.
- Representing Ireland at EU and other international fora to advance the development of cancer services in Ireland and abroad.