Public Consultation – Proposed Legislation to Regulate Sunbeds
Following the Minister for Health and Children, Ms. Mary Harney T.D., proposes to introduce legislation to control the use of sunbeds. The Minister would welcome the views of the public and interested parties on the following matters
- Prohibiting the use of sun beds by persons below the age of 18 years;
- Controls on the sale and/or rental of tanning machines;
- Supervision/lack of supervision in places where tanning services are offered;
- Warning labels on sun beds and in relevant premises;
- Exemptions for medical use;
- Inspections to ensure compliance;
- Registration with competent authority.
Submissions should be forwarded by post to Sun Bed Consultation, Environmental Health, Department of Health and Children, Hawkins House, Dublin 2 or by e-mail to email@example.com. Closing date for receipt of submissions is 5:30 p.m. on Friday 13th June 2008.
Please note the following:
- It is the responsibility of interested parties to ensure that their e-mail or submission is received within the Department by the above mentioned deadline.
- Any submission received is subject to the Freedom of Information Act 1997, as amended.