Financial Emergency Measures in the Public Interest Act 2009 Consultation on fees payable to Dentists
The Minister for Health in exercise of his powers under the Financial Emergency Measures in the Public Interest Act, 2009 is considering the making of Regulations to reduce the rate of certain fees paid to dentists who hold contracts with the HSE. The service concerned is protracted periodontal treatment.
The Minister has determined that a consultation process shall commence on Friday 13th July 2012 and shall be completed by Friday 27th July 2012.
The Minister invites interested parties to provide written submissions to assist in his deliberations on these matters.
The following should be noted in relation to submissions
- Submissions should be sent by e mail to the Department of Health at FEMPI2012@health.gov.ie or by post to FEMPI Review, Department of Health, Room 1.19, Hawkins House, Dublin 2 to arrive not later than 5.30pm on Friday, 27th July 2012,
- Submissions will be copied by the Department to the officials of the HSE or other health body, where appropriate,
- Submissions may be made available by the Department to the Department of Finance and other Departments who hold contracts with such professionals,
- Written submissions may also be copied to financial, economic or legal advisors of the Department, the HSE or other health body, as appropriate, to assist in the analysis of same,
- Written submissions will be subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information Acts and may be subject to release. If a person making a submission considers that any element in it is sensitive, those elements should be clearly identified and the reasons for the sensitivity should be specified. The Department will, where possible, consult with the person about any information which he/she has identified as sensitive information before making a decision in response to a request for release under the Freedom of Information Acts.