Expressions of Interest are sought for the Appointment as Chairperson of the University of Limerick Hospital Group
The Minister for Health invites applicants for Appointment as Chairperson of the University of Limerick Hospital Group
The ideal candidate will be committed to the delivery of the University of Limerick Hospital Group mission.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the ability to
- Chair a Board which is engaged in complex change, possessing the leadership experience required to ensure that the Board guides, challenges and supports the CEO and Executive management team to deliver major change whilst holding them to account in doing so; play a central role in relation to the direction, leadership and corporate and clinical governance of the Group
- Foster a positive relationship with the Group CEO in order to facilitate the conduct of good governance.
Candidates should have a career history at a sufficiently senior level in a complex organisation of scale or equivalent business experience which would provide evidence of:
- Experience in financial planning and the presentation and interpretation of financial performance, a capacity to quickly develop an understanding of the economics of health care and the budgets required to achieve the organisations mission.
- A capacity to quickly develop an understanding of the complex legal and regulatory environment in which the Hospital Group Board functions
- An understanding of the complexity of providing evidence-based, high quality and safe care, including risk management.
- Knowledge of the Irish healthcare system which would demonstrate an understanding of the environment in which the Hospital Group operates and the relationship with key stakeholders
- Awareness of public service management and the environment within which the Board will function
- International models of governance in healthcare
Appointment to be made by: Minister for Health
Location of Board Meetings: Limerick
Relevant Website: http://www.health.gov.ie
Date Board Vacancy Advertised: 28/07/2017
Closing Date for Submission of Expressions of Interest: 18/08/2017
Reference ID: 17146802