Expressions of Interest are sought for Appointment as Members of the Saolta University Healthcare Group
Membership must ensure demonstrable expertise including, but not limited to the following domains: Clinical; Business; Social; Legal; Medical Academic; Patient Advocacy.
As a Board Member, you will be required to:
- Bring independent and objective scrutiny to the oversight of the Hospital Group;
- Be prepared to be challenging, when necessary, while being supportive to the delivery of Hospital Group’s strategy and objectives;
- Be equipped to offer considered advice on the basis of sound judgement and experience;
- Be prepared to make a time commitment to your work commensurate with your role.
In order to ensure the correct skill mix and competencies on the Board, the Minister invites applications from suitably qualified candidates who consider they have a career history which demonstrates at least one of the following competencies:
- Corporate Governance, Risk Management, Legal Compliance and Due Diligence
- Clinical Governance, Quality Assurance and Patient Safety,
- Strategic Planning and Change Management
- Financial Planning and Management,
- Corporate or Public Sector Experience and Governance /Commercial Business Management Skills
- Workforce Planning and Strategic Human Resource Management
- Public Relations and/or Patient/Public Advocacy
- Education, Research and Innovation
- General Practitioner
- Nursing Expertise
- International Expertise
- Awareness of the Irish healthcare system which would demonstrate an understanding of the environment that the Hospital Group operates in, the relationship with key stakeholders;
- Awareness of public service management and the environment within which the Board will function;
- Previous Board experience;
- Relevant qualifications/registration with professional bodies (or entitlement to be registered).
In order to qualify for appointment, a person must not have any conflicts of interest likely to interfere with his/her ability to assume the role of Board member.
Please see Section 4 (Person Specification) of the Information Booklet for full details.
Appointment to be made by: Minister for Health
Location of Board Meetings: Nationwide
Relevant Website: http://www.saolta.ie
Date Board Vacancy Advertised: 11/08/2017
Closing Date for Submission of Expressions of Interest: 01/09/2017
Reference ID: 17154701