FOI Act Publication Scheme
Department of Health Freedom of Information Act Publication Scheme
The Department of Health, like all Government Departments, is subject to the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act. The Act requires bodies to publish a “publication scheme” setting out what the body does, how it does it, and other information on things like procurement and financial information.
Our publication scheme is below. Most of the information is already on our website so click the links to find out more.
|INFORMATION ON FUNCTIONS AND SERVICES PROVIDED|
If you can’t find what you’re looking for you can also:
- browse our Policy A-Z or look at the Divisions that make up our Department
- email Customer Services or call (01) 635 3000
- email FOI Unit to submit a formal request or call (01) 635 4199 for more information
If you want to access a hard copy of the Freedom of Information Act Publication Scheme, contact FOI Unit. Please allow us 24 hours’ notice.
Further Information about the scheme
This publication scheme has been drafted in line with Section 8(1)(a) of the Freedom of Information Act 2014. The Scheme has regard to the public interest in:
- reasons for decisions made by the Department
- general activities and functions of the Department and
- any other information held by the Department, the publication of which is not otherwise prohibited by law.
The principles of openness, transparency and accountability, as set out in Sections 8(5) and 11(3) of the Act, formed the basis for the preparation of this Scheme.